Picking a great restaurant in Disneyland is an important part of making your visit enjoyable. Equally important is having a strategy of when and how to enjoy your choice…
- WATER & SNACKS, Yes you can bring water and food into the park. We always bring snacks and water into the park, so that we can stay hydrated and keep our energy up between meals. Take advantage of enjoying these snacks and water while you are standing in line. Our Fitbit shows we walk on average 25000 steps in a single day at the park. If you travel with water bottles you can buy convenient hooks to snap the bottle to your belt or back pack. Another one of our useful travelling tools is the water back pack which holds two liters of water. At the hotel we fill it with ice cubes and water which gives us ice cold water for hours.
- RESTAURANT RESERVATIONS, The other trick we take advantage of is making a reservation for lunch and or dinner in the park, having an exact seating time at one of the restaurants in the park easily frees up about an hour of wait time, that you can put towards enjoying a ride or a show. Our two favorite restaurants in Disneyland park would be Café Orleans and Blue Bayou Restaurant. The Gumbo is fantastic as well as the Monte Cristo sandwich. Call: (714)-781-3463 to make a reservation for any of the Restaurants in Disneyland or California Adventure Park.You can even call the same day, once you have determined the details of your day.
- EAT AT NON PEAK TIMES, If you don’t make reservations it is better to eat at non peak hours. Have Breakfast at 10:30, Lunch at 3:00 and Dinner at 8:00 the wait time will be shorter.
- SHARING, Most Restaurant meals have huge portions, we often will order a meal and an appetizer and share. Order off the kids menu as well for smaller portions. Sharing helps your dollar go further for more treats!
- A SHOW TO RELAX AND RE ENERGIZE, The Golden Horseshoe always has some great shows where you can sit down and relax and enjoy some food with the show. The show times are posted on the daily schedule available with your park map. Make sure you arrive early for a seat. The chili bread bowl is awesome, they also have spectacular sundaes and chocolate cake.
- A MEAL AND FIREWORKS, Some of the shows can be seen from some of the restaurants in the park. Fantasmic can be seen from the River Belle Terrace. The Fireworks can be seen from the Plazza Inn. This is a great way to sit and relax while you enjoy the spectacular view. Dinner packages are also available from Blue Bayou, River Belle Terrace and Aladdin Oasis which include a reserved viewing area for Fantasmic.
- DISCOUNTS ON DINING, If you are an Annual Pass holder, subscribe to D23 or have the Disney Visa? Any one of these offer dining discounts in Disneyland, California Adventure and Downtown Disney. Look into the benefits of each, any one is worth acquiring.
- USE THE MONORAIL, We also like to take a break form walking by hopping onto the Monorail and heading over to Downtown Disney. Beside the Monorail station in Downtown Disney you will find a couple of great restaurants, like the ESPN Zone as well as the Rainforest Café. Both restaurants have excellent food. We will use this little trick to quickly go in and out of the park, or we will exit the park at the end of the day on the Monorail and enjoy a late dinner in Downtown Disney.